Our School offers…
A curriculum that is co-created, interdisciplinary and holistic: Children and teachers work together to devise a curriculum that:
- Responds to the curiosity and imagination of each child.
- Supports the child’s innate desire and endless capacity to learn.
- Emphasises wellbeing, communication, connections and learning to learn.
- Covers a broad and balanced range of subjects.
- Is underpinned by a strong foundation in literacy and numeracy.
Inquiry-based, experiential learning in a rich and engaging environment: Learning happens through authentic experiences and children explore projects in depth.
- Learning is open-ended to challenge and inspire the children and give them the autonomy to develop as creative, independent thinkers.
- Learning happens collaboratively as well as independently, through a balance of teacher-directed and child-initiated activity.
Assessment that enhances learning
- Assessment is integral to teaching and learning and aimed at helping children improve the quality of their work and their understanding of what constitutes good work.
- Feedback is sensitive, constructive and fosters motivation.
- Children participate in assessment and are encouraged to reflect and evaluate their own learning.
A commitment to pupil voice: Children are involved in the learning arrangements and organisation of the school.
We refer to, but are not constrained by, the National Curriculum to ensure children acquire the academic and intellectual skills that will be essential for achieving continued success.